RETAIL SALES - Retail Assistants
Since 1883, The Salvation Army has fought poverty and social and spiritual distress in New Zealand.
We’ve been there to help more than 120,000 families and individuals in need each year—with budgeting advice, food and clothing assistance, life skills programmes and other comfort and support.
At The Salvation Army we are committed to our mission of caring for people, transforming lives and reforming society.
We work hard to provide better options in life and a helping hand towards a brighter future for families and individuals who ask for help.
In Alexandra and Cromwell the services the Salvation Army provides include running the second hand retail store, food bank and community garden.
- To sell second hand items such as clothing, bric-a-brac and furniture. This includes operating the till, serving and keeping the shop clean and tidy.
- To assist with sorting and preparing new stock for sale.
- To help sort recycling etc.
- We also require helpers that are "general all-rounders" who are able to help with a variety of tasks as required.
- You may be best suited to undertaking only a few of these tasks, or some of the many others that crop up periodically. If you wish to help in any way then please get in touch and we will see if we have something that will work for you.
Time slots for retail assistants are rostered morning and afternoon shifts Monday to Friday. We are also open to people assisting at times that work for them that may be more or less than the rostered times or vary week-to-week. This is dependent on the tasks undertaken.
Located in Alexandra and Cromwell.
- 18+ years and willing to undertake a police check
- Good communication and working well as part of a team.
- Good life skills and a fair, non-judgmental attitude.
- Customer service requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Volunteers work with 2-3 others and enjoy meeting others.
- Volunteers gain satisfaction from assisting a worthwhile cause.
- Volunteers gain experience in customer service and a retail environment. Training towards a National Certificate in Retail is available to those who are committed.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon