Office - Reception - Citizens Advice Bureau Volunteer Interviewer
The New Zealand Association of Citizens Advice Bureau is a voluntary service and each Bureau is staffed by a roster of trained volunteer workers who are drawn from the community. Throughout the association there are some paid staff to support the work of the volunteers, but volunteers carry out the overwhelming majority of the work.
The CAB is a champion of people’s rights, working to solve the underlying causes of the problems they face. We think it is important that everyone in New Zealand can participate in their community and access the services they need.
- Giving information
- Offering options
- Giving practical help
- Recording of enquiries
- Writing case studies
- All volunteers begin with a basic training course spread over several weeks.
- Probationary supervised sessions
- Monthly on-going training
- Regional or cluster training seminars
- Refresher training every 5 years
- Volunteers are asked to share in the running of the Bureau and have the opportunity to participate in policy making.
Ideally one 3.5 hour session per week and attendance at monthly training sessions.
Located in central Queenstown.
Volunteers should have an interest in their community and a willingness to contribute to it. An interest in information and current affairs is essential. Volunteers should have good listening skills, be impartial, tolerant and open minded and be able to respect and maintain confidentiality. Basic IT skills are required. Good English skills and other languages are useful but not essential.
Volunteers must be willing to undergo a police check.
Bureau work is stimulating in an atmosphere of friendliness and companionship. Volunteers get to meet a help many different people and learn a lot about their community. Knowledge and self-confidence are increased. Information and skills acquired are helping in personal lives.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon