Our local Alzheimers Community Educators provide support, education, information and related services directly to members of their communities who are affected by dementia.
These services may include:
Information and education to assist with understanding and living with a dementia diagnosis
Support for family, friends and whanāu coping with the demands of caring
Support groups for people affected by dementia.
Cognitive Stimulation Therapy Programme and Maintenance Programme
Activities Assistants are needed to work along side a Programme Coordinator to run Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST) groups and Maintenance Programme groups for people with mild to moderate memory loss.
The Activities Assistant will:
- Help set up the area for group, moving tables and chairs into place and setting up activity
- Help facilitate the group members to participate in activities
- Help with getting morning tea
- Help with cleaning up after the group includes; vacuuming, dishes, general tidy up
- Participate in debrief with Programme Coordinator after group
Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST) group sessions are held on a Tuesday and Thursday morning, 10.30 and 12:00 and the Maintenance Programme is on Thursday afternoons - both at Arrowtown Community Centre.
We ask that you commit to the role for a minimum period of seven to twelve months.
We are looking for people who:
- Are friendly and kind approach with people
- Ideally experience with running activity groups or interest to learn
- A safety first approach to work
- Sense of humour
- Have experience in working with people living with dementia
We can offer you:
Recognition in your role.
On the job training re dementia and running activities through the Programme Coordinator
Opportunity to work in a small friendly team supporting people affected by Dementia