OFFICE - GENERAL ADMINSTRATION - Archiving Assistant
The Cromwell Museum Trust was formed early in 2014 as a joint initiative of the Otago Goldfields Heritage Trust and the Cromwell Geneology group. The need for the Cromwell Museum Trust arose when CODC decided to relocate the Cromwell I-Site, and the Trust saw an opportunity to expand and manage the existing museum space. From 22 December 2014 the I-Site will relocate and the new museum will open 7 days a week between 10am and 4pm statutory holidays excluded.
The museum has heritage material (eg papers, photos and artefacts) that needs to be catalogued for archiving. The material needs to be sorted, catalogued and filed.
Can be at times that suit, usually within Museum hours or in conjunction with others.
- Be able to follow instructions clearly and concisely.
- Be able enter information and sort items in a precise way so that it will be understood by others and be future-proofed.
- Be honest, reliable, trustworthy and systematic.
- Have an eye for detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Neat and tidy work habits.
- Have an interest in local history.
- Data input requires computer literacy ideally including working in excel.
- Database management skills
- Knowledge of computer programmes
- Archiving and conservation storage experience
- Increased knowledge of Otago’s Heritage
- Working as part of an enthusiastic team to record important historic material for the future.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening