Office - General Administration - Meetings Secretary
Alexandra Council of Social Services (ACOSS) identifies needs and fosters communication and collaboration between statutory, voluntary, local authority groups and individuals to enhance community wellbeing.
Ongoing role supporting the administrative function of ACOSS tasks include:
- To provide administrative and secretarial support to the group including arranging meetings, preparing the agenda and recording minutes.
- To ensure effective communication between ACOSS and its members and attend to any necessary correspondence.
- To collate and maintain membership details (including organisation bio)
- To manage inbox and forward relevant emails/information to members
- To maintain annual calendar - including meetings, events, reviews etc.
Volunteers will be required to attend monthly ACOSS meetings which take place on the third Wednesday morning each month in Alexandra Community House. Ideally volunteers will be asked to commit to a minimum of 12 months in the role.
In addition to the meetings, volunteers will be required to work in their own time, updating notes, etc for a few hours a month.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has strong administrative skills
- Is a great communicator - verbal and writing skills
- Pays particular attention to detail
- Is quick to make connections in Social Service arena
- Is competent using IT office systems and social media
We can offer you:
A sense of satisfaction from being involved in supporting the community’s social service agencies with timely information, identifying issues within the local community and part of the problem solving process around this.
Full training, support and recognition within the role.