OFFICE - RECPEPTION - Visitor host
The Central Stories Museum and Art Gallery showcases the unique stories of Central Otago. These stories include geology, early explorers, social history, gold, dredging & mining, farming, orcharding, viticulture and many more besides.
As the guardians of Central Otago's rich heritage, our philosophy is to care for the cultural well-being of our community and provide the best experience we can – for locals and visitors alike.
It is the responsibility of present and future members of Central Stories to preserve and foster interest in the heritage of the distant and recent past through the acquisition and conservation of artefacts, archival records and artworks.
- Manning the front desk and greeting visitors to Central Stories
- Answering the phone and managing the diary
- Giving information about the museum, the current and upcoming exhibitions and other services/activities that the museum provides
- Encouraging and assisting customers with sales
- During quiet periods you may either bring a project from home or assist with other museum projects based on your skills and interests.
There is a 5 day / week roster with slots between 10-1 and 1-4. Vacancies are also available for on-call and casual hours.
Located in Alexandra.
- Have clear and concise communication skills.
- Be an excellent listener and have the ability to provide information clearly and accurately.
- Have a sunny disposition and good sense of humour, as well as a warm friendly manner and good personal presentation
- Be honest, reliable, punctual and trustworthy
- Be able to accurately complete retail transactions
- Have an interest in and the ability to positively promote Central Stories to the community.
This is your opportunity to see how the museum works on a day to day basis and be more involved in the community and our heritage. There is alot going on and your role will be varied and sometimes very busy. You will get to meet a lot of people and be involved in a variety of activities. You will gain retail and sales experience.
As a volunteer you are considered an important part of the Central Stories staff and will be entitled to all staff privileges including a 10% discount in our shop and invitations to all our exclusive events.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday Morning