Volunteering Support - Event Volunteer - Volunteering Central
Volunteering Central seeks to celebrate, support, highlight and motivate volunteering in the Central Lakes District communities. We increase the capacity of community organisations that rely on volunteers by connecting them with people who are willing to offer their skills and energy. We provide training, advice, advocacy, resources and recognition for individuals and community organisations involved in volunteering.
We require Event Volunteers to work together with the team to help raise our profile in the community by attending events and speaking with member of the public about volunteering and local opportunities. This engagement will help us to increase connections between volunteers and volunteer-involving organisations. The role will involve:
- Working together with your local coordinator to identify events in the community and approach event organisers to organise our presence.
- Arranging collection of the event box from your local coordinator prior to the event. Setting up and closing down stall on the day of the event.
- Representing Volunteering Central on the day and speaking with members of the public about volunteering and our services.
- Recording any follow up actions and deliver post event briefing to local coordinator either by email or in person.
Depending on the type event and arrangements made with the team, you will either work together with another representative of Volunteering Central or independently.
This role is being piloted in Alexandra, Cromwell, Queenstown and Wanaka. If you are located outside this area and would like to get involved, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Flexible to suit volunteers availability and level of commitment.
We are looking for people who:
Are well presented, polite and friendly with good communication skills.
Have an interest and passion for volunteering, enjoy being part of the community and represent Volunteering Central in a positive manner.
We can offer you:
Role induction and training.
Ongoing support and supervision to ensure you are supported and happy in role.
Ability to adapt the role to suit your interests and skills.
This is a great opportunity to meet people, connect with the community and build your skill base.
Volunteers may also gain confidence and interpersonal skills through liaising with members of the public and different community groups. The right person will also gain satisfaction from helping promote volunteering in your community.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening