Boards/Committees - Trustee
The Wanaka Community Hub (opened 2nd November 2019) provides a welcoming space that nurtures the well-being of all individuals and groups in our community.
The hub is a spacious, beautifully designed building that will house a number of permanent and part - time tenants from a range of organisations. These include Community Networks, Presbyterian Support and other social service and support organisations in addition to community groups, clubs, art and social groups.
There are meeting rooms and large spaces that can be booked out for events and functions and it is hoped that in the first year of opening everyone in Wanaka will pass through it's doors. It is a hub for everyone in the community.
Core values at the heart of this initiative are:
Integrity: Stakeholders will trust WCH to be accountable and to live its values, and pursue its mission and vision in everything it does.
Inclusiveness: WCH will thrive with the diversity of individuals, groups, ages, cultures, abilities, who connect and feel acceptance there: locals and tourists alike.
Innovation: WCH will be a flexible, beautiful, inviting facility that supports sustainable, caring and creative futures within Upper Clutha.
Financial Sustainability: WCH will seek to at least match income to expenditure and once established operate at a small profit. The facility will be cost effective for users.
For more information visit their website http://wanakacommunityhouse.org.nz/
New volunteers are being sought to join the board of trustees for Wanaka Community Hub. You will be joining 4 existing volunteers who have been involved in the trust for some time, getting the hub from concept to where it is now and they are seeking community minded people to join the trust and take the hub to its next exciting stage.
The board jointly oversee:
- Strategic planning for the long term viability and success of the hub
- Legal entities such as leases and HR requirements (they currently employ one part time member of staff in the role of Establishment Manager)
- Relationships with stakeholders, funders, the neighbouring Church and local residents
- Marketing and Communications
- Funding, finances and accountability reports
Trustees meet once a month in addition to sub groups meeting more frequently in the first few months of the hub opening.
Located in Wanaka.
We are looking for individuals with a passion for their community, someone who embraces diversity and with skills in some of the following areas:
- A understanding and appreciation of governance
- Experience of strategic planning
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships
- Marketing and communication
- An understanding of, or experience in change management and community development
- Community development principles
- Knowledge of funding - including grants, fundraising events or corporate sponsorship
- Interest in or experience of financial management and accountability
Volunteers should also be personable, good listeners and have great communication skills.
Volunteer trustees will gain satisfaction from joining the Wanaka Community Hub at a very exciting time. Ten years in the planning the hub is soon opening to the public and we hope volunteers will gain huge satisfaction from their involvement in taking the hub to the next stage of becoming established in the community.
In addition to sharing your skills there is the opportunity to further develop skills in a range of areas and gain deeper knowledge of the organisations and groups that come together to make this community strong and connected.
To apply or for more information send a CV/expression of in interest to Yeverley McCarthy on email: firstname.lastname@example.org. or phone 0274354848.
Closing date for expressions of interest is 25th November.