TRANSPORTATION - DELIVERY - Meals on Wheel driver
The Cromwell Community welfare trust was established in 2005 to assist the elderly and struggling families in the Cromwell, Pisa and Bannockburn community. They now focus on the delivery of 4 projects being the Food Bank, Furniture bank, Meals on Wheels and Care and Friendship group.
Meals on Wheels - volunteers pick up meals from Ripponburn rest home and deliver them to recipients. This is rostered with two people covering 2 separate routes per day.
Approximately one session per month taking approximately 30 minutes around 1130. Roster is for weekdays only and is sent out every 2 months.
Located in Cromwell.
- 18+ years and may be required to undergo a police check.
- Drivers licence and access to own vehicle for driver roles.
- Volunteers should also feel comfortable chatting to others, be polite, respectful and empathetic.
- Experience or knowledge of associated social service agencies is helpful.
We hope volunteers will gain satisfaction from filling a vital gap in the needs of the Cromwell community.
They often gain knowledge of and empathy for the struggles of others.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon