TEACHING / TUTORING / ASSISTING - CO REAP Chess Tutor
Central Otago REAP provides a diverse and extensive educational resource to rural communities, implementing a life long learning approach. The overall purpose of Central Otago REAP is to provide educational support and assistance across all sectors including early childhood, primary, secondary and adult education. Central Otago REAP is a community-based flexible resource providing formal and non-formal learning opportunities.
We require a Chess Tutor to provide support to budding young chess players after school once a week or fortnightly for one to two hours. Day of the week can be arranged with volunteer. Venue to be confirmed but it will be in Alexandra.
The role will involve:
- Helping to inspire and support children to play chess.
- Acting as a chess mentor and teach children and adults to play chess once a week or fortnightly for one to two hours.
- Working alongside CO REAP, help plan and organise chess tournament if sufficient interest.
- Volunteer at community chess tournament twice yearly.
- Contribution to the community.
This role will help to give children and families choice to support a non sport activity after school.
A Police vetting check will be required for this role.
Two to three hours weekly or fortnightly.
We are looking for people who:
- Have experience working/supporting young people and be able to actively engage with them.
- Good communicators who can relate at an appropriate level and support them positively through their learning.
- Inspire children to play chess.
- Can commit on a regular ongoing basis.
We can offer you:
- Recognition in the role.
- A community based role in the education sector.
- Ongoing support and supervision in the role.