Teaching / Tutoring / Assisting - Scout Leader
The mission of Scouting is to contribute to the education of young people, through a value system based on the Scout Promise and Laws, to help build a better world where people are self-fulfilled as individuals and play a constructive role in society.
We believe that through adventure we challenge individuals so that they learn and experience new things that enrich their lives. We bring to life a world of adventure – creating incredible learning opportunities for members of all ages.
To manage and lead the operation of the relevant youth section, in particular the planning and delivery of the National Programme to the Kea cub, Scout or Venturer Group
- Have a understanding of the background, principle, method, spiritual dimension and structure of Scouts
- Deliver the national programme for the relevant youth section talking into account needs, interests and abilities of youth member
- Agree upon the responsibilities with the other leaders, parent helpers ad scouting associates
- Ensure the safe delivery of the programme in accordance within policy, Organisation , events and adventurous activities
Prepare and encourage youth members to progress to the next level.
Located in Alexandra, Cromwell, Queenstown, Arrowtown and Wanaka.
As groups meet on different days volunteering for SCOUTS can fit in with most peoples schedules. Volunteers will be expected to commit to helping for a few hours each week.
Team play, energy, honesty, awareness of child safety and child protection, and the ability to deliver structured programmes in a fun and engaging manner.
A complete leadership development programme is available along with peer support and mentoring. We hope volunteers will enjoy sharing their skills as well as developing new ones whilst meeting new people and gain satisfaction in knowing their contribution in benefiting the young people in their area.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Afternoon, Evening