TRANSPORTATION - PEOPLE - Community Drivers
Located in the heart of Cromwell, the Cromwell Community House is a Central Otago District Council owned facility and resource centre for locals.
Managed by a Volunteer Trust we aim to foster community and social development by;
- Helping to empower people to solve their own problems, advocating on their behalf where necessary.
- Offering individuals and groups advice, support and resources.
Cromwell Community House provides a range of services to the area including:
- Empowering and advocating
- Offering advice, support and resources
- Holding information and forms on a huge range of organisations
- Phone, Internet and photocopying services
- Food and furniture bank
- Hosting Support Groups, professionals and Community Meetings
- Heartlands Outreach Centre
With limited bus services and often a lack of family support, the Cromwell Community House has stepped up to fill a gap by coordinating a pool of volunteer drivers.
- Collect, transport and return clients from their homes to their required destination.
- Receive and record a donation from the client to cover fuel costs.
- Occasionally volunteers assist people to undertake their shopping requirements.
- To respect confidentiality, privacy and boundaries with all clients.
- To be reliable, advise of any change of availability and avoid over-committing
- To maintain and enhance the organisations reputation within the community
- To participate in the induction programme, supervision sessions and training required for their role
- To report accidents, issues or concerns for anyone involved to staff ASAP.
Varies. As much or as little time as you have.
Located in Cromwell.
25+ years and willing to undergo a police check.
Volunteers must be able to use their own cars which should be kept clean and tidy, with insurance, WOF and registration. Volunteers should also feel comfortable chatting to others, be polite, respect privacy and be willing to receive a donation for the service provided. This cannot afford to be seen as a free taxi service in Cromwell!
We hope volunteers will gain satisfaction from filling a vital gap in the needs of the Cromwell community whilst meeting new people, chatting to them and hopefully making their journey a little more pleasant.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon