CARE GIVING / HEALTH CARE SUPPORT - Support Group Assistant
The Blind Foundation is New Zealand’s main provider of practical and emotional support for the 12,100 Kiwis who are blind or have low vision, enabling them to face their future with confidence.
With a vision of ‘Life without limits – Kahore e Mutunga Ki te Ora’, Blind Foundation staff around the country aim to enable people who are blind or have low vision to be self-reliant and live the life they choose.
We equip people with the skills needed to participate fully in society. This includes support in living independently, getting around, using technology, continuing to read and communicate, being socially active and staying in or looking for work.
The Blind Foundation’s vital work helping people with sight loss is only possible thanks to the generous support of the public.
Providing support to Blind Foundations Alexandra coffee group members at their regular social meetings. It would be ideal though not essential if this person could also assist with the transportation role also listed.
Located in the vicinity of Alexandra, Clyde and Cromwell.
Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays/Thursdays, once a month. Long term commitment desired.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Reliable, trustworthy and patient
- Good communication and listening skills
- Good with elderly and less mobile persons
- Police Vetting will be required as part of application.
Instruction is provided on engaging and interacting with low vision and blind persons. The right person will gain a sense of satisfaction and personal reward in seeing the benefits this opportunity brings to the participants.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon