ADMINISTRATION - Administrative & Marketing Assistant
Volunteering Central seeks to celebrate, support, highlight and motivate volunteering in the Central Lakes District communities. We increase the capacity of community organisations that rely on volunteers by connecting them with people who are willing to offer their skills and energy. We provide training, advice, advocacy, resources and recognition for individuals and community organisations involved in volunteering.
We require an assistant to work together with the team to help with administrative and marketing duties. The role will involve:
- Support the administrative tasks associated with our volunteer connection service.
- Researching local community groups and organisations and identifying any gaps in our database registrations.
- Working together with local coordinator to proof read newsletter content and distribute to contacts via mailchimp.
- Carry out regular catch up calls with local organisations to ensure our records and role descriptions are up to date and highlight any changes.
- Helping local coordinators to carry our service evaluation in July and September each year.
- Assisting in the distribution of promotional material.
Full training will be provided and the role can be adapted to suit your skills and interests. We are happy to split the role so if you are keen on aspects of the role lets chat!
This role can be based in Alexandra, Cromwell, Queenstown or Wanaka. If you are located outside these areas and would like to get involved, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Flexible to suit volunteers availability and level of commitment.
We are looking for people who:
- Are enthusiastic with an attention to detail.
- Have the ability to use a computer and be happy to learn how to use new applications, for an example internal database and online media platforms.
- Are well presented, polite and friendly with good communication skills.
- Have an interest and passion for volunteering, enjoy being part of the community and happy to represent Volunteering Central in a positive manner.
We can offer you:
- A personalised role description to match your skills and experience.
- Full induction and ongoing training.
- Ongoing support and supervision in your role.
- Opportunity to develop new skills with a particular focus on customer service and marketing skills.
- The opportunity to work in the not for profit sector and learn about different community services.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening