TRANSPORTATION - DELIVERIES - Meals on Wheels Driver
Meals on Wheels provides a mid-day meal for those persons who are living at home and who, because of age, illness or disability, are unable to maintain their nutritional status.
Our aims are to enable clients to remain in their own homes for as long as possible.
To promote independence by ongoing assessment and to withdraw the service when felt it is no longer appropriate.
Eligibility for meals on wheels is through a referral from a General Practitioner, Social Worker or hospital.
To pick up meals from the Alexandra Community House
To deliver meals to the homes of intended recipients.
To engage in appropriate yet short communication with recipients.
To pass on any relevant information when need arises.
1130 weekdays pickup. Several meals to be delivered straightaway, usually takes 30-45 minutes. Rostered among many volunteers, each person has about 1 turn every 4-6 weeks. Volunteers are also able to join the emergency list to replace rostered people that are unable to do their turn.
Located in Alexandra
- Over 18 years of age
- Must have access to own vehicle and drivers license.
- Must be able to display appropriate manner and respect to recipients
- Must be able to show initiative in passing on information regarding clients when need arises.
Most drivers gain satisfaction from giving something back to the community and needy individuals whilst also engaging in a worthwhile activity for themselves.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday Morning
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon