Office - Reception - Receptionist
Located in the heart of Cromwell, the Cromwell Community Hub is a Central Otago District Council owned facility and resource centre for locals.
Managed by a Volunteer Trust we aim to foster community and social development by;
- Helping to empower people to solve their own problems, advocating on their behalf where necessary.
- Offering individuals and groups advice, support and resources.
Cromwell Community House provides a range of services to the area including:
- Empowering and advocating
- Offering advice, support and resources
- Holding information and forms on a huge range of organisations
- Phone, Internet and photocopying services
- Food and furniture bank
- Hosting Support Groups, professionals and Community Meetings
- Heartlands Outreach Centre
We have varied visitors to our centre. Some have appointments with our room users, ie. the acupuncturist, the ear health nurse, newborn screening nurse, counsellor etc. The environment is positive and the centre co-ordinator will be around doing her reports etc so there will be support whenever you are there.
- Meeting and greeting visitors to the Cromwell Community House – asking them to take a seat (each room user will come and get their own clients). Some clients will want to chat – others won’t.
- Money handling – some visitors want to use the guest computer, or do printing. There are small charges for these.
- Answering the phone to requests for volunteer drivers or food parcels. We would ask that you take details and one of the centre co-ordinators will either show you how to log it or they can do it for you.
A few hours per week - Friday afternoons are the desirable time of the week. Length of commitment is flexible.
Located in Cromwell.
English speaking with a pleasant nature and legible handwriting.
Ability to understand confidentiality; we are a neutral ground that hosts many services. The clients that visit have personal reasons for being here and we respect that privacy.
You may want to take the role further by using our computer process systems or just enjoy the company of our visitors. It is a feel good environment so will give you personal satisfaction knowing you are undertaking such a helpful role.
We have other volunteers that are volunteer drivers, so you can meet other amazing citizens like yourself.
This activity generally occurs on
- Friday Afternoon