VISITOR / COMPANION - Elderly Visitor
Age Concern Otago is a local independent charity which is part of a national network of regional Age Concern Councils.
Our vision is a inclusive society where people of all ages and cultures, as they grow older, have opportunities to make choices which lead to quality of life and personal fulfilment. Our work is based on the following values: dignity, wellbeing, equity and respect.
Age Concern offers a range of supportive services throughout the Central Otago region which can assist older people to improve quality of life and maintain wellbeing.
Visiting an elderly person as matched by the AVS. This may include crafts, games, exercise activities, reading, visits or outings.
- Supporting them to extend their social networks.
- Being involved in some of their social activities.
- Reporting by phone to the co-ordinator.
- Give regular quality time to client.
- Attend ongoing support group meetings.
- Complete “record of visit” forms six monthly
- Maintain communication with coordinator re concerns or issues that arise.
- Inform co-ordinator if your situation changes and you can no longer visit.
Visit for 1 hour per week.
Volunteers need to be mature, non-judgmental, open minded and happy communicating with people from a wide range of backgrounds. Good communication and listening skills are essential. Volunteers must also have a commitment to confidentiality. Volunteers should have a genuine interest in, respect and aware of the needs of older people. Volunteers should be able to relate to, or try to understand their circumstances. Empathy, patience, a calm warm caring nature are essential as well as being reliable, well presented and polite.
Volunteers often find they enjoy their time with their client and the offer of friendship and companionship becomes two-way. Life skills gained often include communication, empathy, understanding and practical skills and activities relevant to the people involved.
The role is not intended to replace family, friends, carers or other visitors. It is important that you enjoy the time with your client, if this is not happening then you must make contact with the co-ordinator.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening