Fundraising - General Assistance - Area Coordinators - Heart Foundation - Big Heart Appeal
Be part of the Big Heart Appeal!
It’s not often that you get the chance to do something good and have a good time doing it. By joining the Big Heart Appeal, you get to do just that!
The Heart Foundation urgently need big-hearted people like you to collect donations to help fund vital heart research.
Funds raised help fund ground breaking research and help support hundreds of thousands of Kiwis living with heart disease.
Volunteer Area Coordinators coordinate the street collection in their local areas, both prior to the event and during the Big Heart Appeal (21 and 22 February 2020). They are an essential link between the Heart Foundation and a team of volunteers who generously give up their time to collect donations at various sites in their local area.
As a volunteer Area Coordinator, you would be involved in the lead up to and during the Big Heart Appeal street collection. Prior to the event, you would assist with the recruitment, coordination and support of volunteers and during the street collection days you would oversee these volunteers at multiple collection sites in your local area. You would also help with banking donated funds and arrange the return of Street Collector equipment (buckets, bibs, stickers and bank bags) to the Heart Foundation.
The street collections will be happpening in Queenstown, Wanaka, Alexandra and Cromwell.
This activity is occurring over one weekend of the year and a few hours are needed by each volunteer.
• Passionate and aligned with the Heart Foundation’s mission and the heart health cause
• A reliable and organised self-starter
• Excellent communication skills
• Well-spoken and confident to engage with diverse groups (in person and over the phone)
• Confident when providing guidance and coordinating a team of volunteers
• Some experience in administration and/or coordination
• Basic word, excel and email skills
• Current driver’s licence (access to a vehicle would be preferable).
• Personal satisfaction
This activity generally occurs on
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening