Visitor / Companion - Supportlink Volunteer Visitor
Supportlink is a volunteer programme co-ordinated by Presbyterian Support Southland. It matches volunteer workers with people who are living in the community and needing some form of help. Volunteers befriend older people in the community in a one to one relationship to take them to appointments, shopping or for a walk – whatever needs the older person identifies.
Volunteers are required to assist with:
• Befriending/companionship on a regular basis.
• Transport (to doctor, shops etc.)
• ‘Sitting service’ offering relief for spouses or caregivers
• Help with shopping or outings.
• Any additional needs as identified
Volunteers should be available to commit to a minimum of six months and be available once a week.
Located in Queenstown and the wider Wakatipu
Volunteers need to have a genuine interest in helping older people and be able to empathize with their situation Volunteers should be happy striking up conversation and have good listening skills also.
Drivers and those with a first aid qualification are desirable.
Volunteers will gain satisfaction from being involved in an organisation offering support to older people and gain experience with interacting with older people, and gaining wealth of knowledge that older people have.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening