TRANSPORTATION - PEOPLE - Community Driver
The Blind Foundation is New Zealand’s main provider of practical and emotional support for the 12,100 Kiwis who are blind or have low vision, enabling them to face their future with confidence.
With a vision of ‘Life without limits – Kahore e Mutunga Ki te Ora’, Blind Foundation staff around the country aim to enable people who are blind or have low vision to be self-reliant and live the life they choose.
We equip people with the skills needed to participate fully in society. This includes support in living independently, getting around, using technology, continuing to read and communicate, being socially active and staying in or looking for work.
The Blind Foundation’s vital work helping people with sight loss is only possible thanks to the generous support of the public.
Use own vehicle to take members to and from the Blind Foundation activities and appointments. It would be ideal though not essential if this person could also assist with the assistant role also listed.
Located in the vicinity of Alexandra, Clyde and Cromwell.
Flexible. Usually as appointments require. Regular assignments may be negotiated if available. Long term commitment desired.
- Full current Drivers License and clean record
- Reliable, trustworthy and patient
- Good communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Need and tidy dress code
- Use of your own vehicle - mileage reimbursement is available.
Instruction is provided on engaging and interacting with low vision and blind persons. The right person will gain a sense of satisfaction and personal reward in enabling the beneficiary to attend appointments and social events.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening