Board Members - Trustee
Located in the heart of Cromwell, the Cromwell Community House is a Central Otago District Council owned facility and resource centre for locals.
Managed by a Volunteer Trust we aim to foster community and social development by;
- Helping to empower people to solve their own problems, advocating on their behalf where necessary.
- Offering individuals and groups advice, support and resources.
Cromwell Community House provides a range of services to the area including:
- Empowering and advocating
- Offering advice, support and resources
- Holding information and forms on a huge range of organisations
- Phone, Internet and photocopying services
- Food and furniture bank
- Hosting Support Groups, professionals and Community Meetings
- Heartlands Outreach Centre
The primary objectives of the Trustee role are to plan future directions for Cromwell Community House development and to ensure services offered are in line with the vision, definition and mission of Cromwell Community House.
Trust members are expected to:
- Be committed to the vision, definition and mission of Cromwell Community House
- Represent Cromwell Community House in a positive manner consistent with its vision and values.
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships among member agencies and others.
- Regularly scrutinise Board activities and seek feedback on the Board's performance.
- Encourage group decision-making and sense of shared purpose.
- Have skills and experience within the charity sector.
- To attend and participate fully and openly in monthly Board meetings including the Annual General Meeting.
- To prepare for Board meetings by reading the mintues, agenda and other relevant papers circulated before a meeting.
- To raise ideas and concerns and suggest priorities consistent with vision and strategic direction.
- To ensure all the organisation's objectives are being addressed.
- To respect, provide support and regular feedback for new and existing member of the Board of Cromwell Community House.
Expected time commitment is 2-3 hours per month