ENVIRONMENTAL IMPROVEMENT - Environmental Assistant
Keep Alexandra Clyde Beautiful is an organisation that is affiliated to Keep New Zealand Beautiful. We are a group of volunteers that are involved with litter abatement, beautification and civic pride. We encourage the involvement of schools and service groups.
Our group is involved with Clean Up New Zealand Week, the Best Street Competition and the beautification of various sites around Alexandra and Clyde such as the hanging baskets in the Golden Block and the cherry tree avenue in Clyde.
Keep Alexandra Clyde Beautiful projects span two decades and have contributed to council owned and managed open spaces, such as Kamaka Walkway, Rail Trail tree planting, Look Out estate reserve, Linger & Die the historic themed mural.
Working bees can involve garden type work, plantings, maintenance or rubbish clean-up. Members need not necessarily commit to every working bee. Projects are often very relaxed with the opportunity for breaks and a chat. Members bring their own tools but extras are available for use.
Planting and activity days vary and are sometimes on weekends.
Located in the vicinity of Alexandra and Clyde.
- must have an interest in and support the main aims of the group
- physical ability to use various garden tools
- integrate well with a variety of people
- have a sense of humour
- You can choose how much time you can give, all are welcome!
- Practical skills relating to the work undertaken including planting, weeding, landscaping and maintenance, and organisation + communication skills.
- Social experience with a relaxed group of fun diverse people who enjoy each others company and working outside for a fantastic community cause.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon