BOARDS/COMMITTEES - Trustee
Vision: We will achieve our vision when every child in Heartland Otago/Southland has access to a Life Education mobile classroom, every year.
Purpose: To help give the young people in Heartland Otago/Southland, through positive health based education, the knowledge and skills to raise their awareness and to live a fulfilling and healthy life.
National level vision and purpose are available on the website: www.lifeeducation.org.nz
Trustee role involves monthly meetings, alternating between face to face in Roxburgh and teleconference.
The role is mostly being a part of the decision making team to ensure the Trust continues to be financially sound, and well managed.
The role also includes maintaining/ building contact with local businesses, service groups, and potential financial supporters, and some funding applications.
Due to the geographic spread of the Area and Trustees, we aim to run only very few promotional /fundraising events in our region each year. Relying largely on grants and sponsorship for our income.
The time commitment is a Tuesday afternoon and evening one day per month plus other small tasks at times that suit.
Trustees are required in Wanaka and Queenstown.
- Good people skills and networking.
- Great Team Member!!!!
- Good financial understanding.
- Good connections in the community.
- Legal, I.T., or marketing skills could be an added bonus, but definitely not essential.
- Reference checks may be required.
- Contribution to the community, particularly our children.
- Personal satisfaction.
- Networking opportunities.
- Knowledge exchange between Trustees, Educator, and the whole Life Education team.
- The positivity of being a part of the motivated, forward thinking, National Life Education Organisation.....and working closely with Harold, the Giraffe, our mascot.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening