OFFICE - RECEPTION - Museum Hosts
The Cromwell Museum Trust was formed early in 2014 as a joint initiative of the Otago Goldfields Heritage Trust and the Cromwell Geneology group. The need for the Cromwell Museum Trust arose when CODC decided to relocate the Cromwell I-Site, and the Trust saw an opportunity to expand and manage the existing museum space. From 22 December 2014 the I-Site will relocate and the new museum will open 7 days a week between 10am and 4pm statutory holidays excluded.
- Manning the front desk and greeting visitors to the museum.
- Undertaking retail sales transactions.
- Relaying information about the museum,its displays and activities that occur there.
- Assisting with any museum projects based on their needs and your skills and interests.
Shifts will be rostered 10am-1pm and 1pm-4pm. 2 people will be rostered for each shift. Most volunteers commit to 1 shift per week, but weekends may be a fortnightly roster. Volunteers can also choose to go on the emergency roster. Located in Cromwell.
- Welcoming and polite verbal communication and tidy presentation.
- Be honest, reliable and able to promote the museum positively to locals and visitors.
- Ability to work well with others, show initiative and keep the museum tidy and well presented.
- Undertake retail duties as required.
- Basic computer literacy is ideal.
- Ideally hosts will be passionate about local history and willing to share their knowledge with others.
- Increased knowledge of Otago’s Heritage and genealogy
- Fantastic opportunity to meet both locals and visitors and work with an enthusiastic team of people.
- Great personal development with opportunities to both share your skills and learn many more.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon