EVENT AND FACILITY - GENERAL ASSISTANCE - Event Assistants
The Central Stories Museum and Art Gallery showcases the unique stories of Central Otago. These stories include geology, early explorers, social history, gold, dredging & mining, farming, orcharding, viticulture and many more besides.
As the guardians of Central Otago's rich heritage, our philosophy is to care for the cultural well-being of our community and provide the best experience we can – for locals and visitors alike.
It is the responsibility of present and future members of Central Stories to preserve and foster interest in the heritage of the distant and recent past through the acquisition and conservation of artefacts, archival records and artworks.
Central Stories hosts a wide variety of events including exhibition openings, open days, hosting artists, working bees etc. We require assistants to help at one or many of these events undertaking tasks such as hosting, shifting furniture and other material, tidying up, helping with catering, cleaning. If you are interested in helping then we can likely find a job that uses your skills.
This work is very flexible and could be undertaken weekdays or in the weekend. We anticipate most people would do 2-3 hours per week of their own choosing. The first few sessions would need to be in conjunction with the supervisor for training purposes.
These events are not subject to any particular schedule or time. If you are interested in this work we can add you to our list for you to consider your availability on a case-by-case basis.
Located in Alexandra.
- A practical mind and the ability to use your intiative.
- Good attention to detail and pride in work undertaken.
- Great communication skills.
- Have an interest in and passion for promoting Central Stories positively in the community.
This is your opportunity to be involved in Central Stories and the community. Each event offers something new and interesting. You will have the ability to share your skills, work co-cooperatively in a team and meet new people.
As a volunteer you are considered an important part of the Central Stories staff and will get invitations to all our exclusive events.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening