Marshall - CO Primary School Sport Association
* COPSSA is not actively looking for volunteers at Level 2 They won’t be running any events at this level and possibly not for the rest of the Term, even if we move to Level 1 *
To be recognised as a leader in primary school sport and physical activity, through the delivery of high quality advice and leading-edge programmes and services.
As a Volunteer Marshall with Central Otago Primary School Sports Association you will be responsible for:
- Facilitating the smooth running of an event
- Familiarise self with the venue and facilities
- Ensuring spectators do not enter athlete areas
- Remaining at your designated point
- Reporting any incidents to the event director
- Be prepared to answer questions from spectators
- Remain calm and polite at all times
Responsible to and supported by the event director.
No experience required but the role requires enthusiasm.
Volunteers are expected to dress appropriately for weather conditions.
You will be required for the duration of the event, normally a few hours a day. This will vary depending on the type of event.
We are looking for people who:
Are enthusiastic and have the efficiency and the ability to motivate competitors.
Are willing to learn and listen to instructions.
Are calm and polite in manner and will represent COPSSA in a positive light at all times.
We can offer you:
An an insight into how sport events are managed and be an integral part of the workforce.
Recognition in role, including support and supervision given by the Event Director.
Volunteers will be briefed before the event and a debrief will also occur. All feedback will be taken as valuable.
This position will give you an insight into how sport events are managed and be an integral part of the workforce.