ENVIRONMENTAL IMPROVEMENT - Heritage Maintenance and Restoration
The Otago Goldfields Heritage Trust aims to develop, represent and promote the historical sites, trails and events of Otago.
Projects they run include the Otago Goldfields Heritage Trail (provide a year-round attraction for people to appreciate the golden heritage of the Otago region) and the annual Cavalcade. Towns along the Heritage Trail take turns at hosting this annual celebration. Cavalcades of people on foot, horseback or in horse-drawn wagons, converge on the host town.
The Trust always welcomes people interested in Otago’s Heritage to join them in fieldtrips, project work, event management and general duties.
Assist trust members in maintaining important historic sites by undertaking tasks such as weed control and building maintenance. Sometimes requires 4WD travel to remote locations.
Usually undertaken sporadically as part of a working bee. Although the group is based in Cromwell, these activities can be undertaken throughout the region including in the vacinity of Queenstown, Wanaka and Alexandra.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Physically capable undertaking work.
- Have an interest in local history.
- Increased knowledge of Otago’s Heritage and significant sites.
- Practical working experience.
- Working as part of an enthusiastic team to preserve local history.
This activity generally occurs on
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon