Admin & Office Support - Youth Support Volunteer
Chance to Choose Program: Chance to Choose is a Youth Employment Program that helps youth overcome barriers to employment. Youth will be paid for the duration of the 14 weeks: with 4 weeks of Group Based Employability Skills (GBES) followed by 10 weeks of work experience with a local employer (entry level). Our program offers one on one as well as group based training.
Time and Commitment: Flexible Schedule
Number of Positions: 2
Work Location(s): Burnaby and/or Port Coquitlam
Duration: Starting Immediately
About the Position
The Youth Support Volunteer will assist the C2C team in delivering its curriculum and administrative goals. The volunteer will also work with participants to enhance their confidence and gain employability skills.
- Provide administrative support to Program Assistants
- Assist the Program Facilitators in Strengthening participants interviewing skills and employability potentials
- Assist the job developer with job leads and market participants to potential employers
- Collect labour market information for clients regarding job openings, skills requirements, and other occupational information
- Document clients’ progress and follow up reports
- If necessary, track prospective contacts with new employers
- Ensure that all services are provided within the standards of service maintained by S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Employment Services and consistent with the Agency’s values and missions
- Criminal Record Check
- Parental Consent for U-19 candidates
- Fluency in English as well as proficient writing
- Adequate Post-Secondary education
- Customer Service and/or Office experience
- Ability to bond with clients
Personal Traits/ Qualities Desired:
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Culturally sensitive
- Understanding of clients’ barriers and circumstances
- Knowledge of various assessment tools and community resources
- Willingness and desire to learn
Orientation and Training Provided:
- General orientation to S.U.C.C.E.S.S. and the position.
- On-the job training
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Gain practical and professional experience
- Acquire an employer reference afterwards
- Establish networking and familiarity in the industry
- Support the work of S.U.C.C.E.S.S. in our mission to build bridges, harvest diversity and foster integration through service and advocacy
- This position will be supervised by Javad Soltan.
A brief meeting with the Program Manager may be required.
If you have any additional questions about this posting, please contact email@example.com for more details.