Active Volunteer Positions - Volunteer Business Mentor
About the SUCCESS Business Services
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Established in 1973 and incorporated in 1974. This is one of the largest social service agencies in British Columbia, Canada. With the vision to create “A World of Multicultural Harmony”, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is well supported by its mission to Build Bridges, Harvest Diversity and Foster Integration.
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. has been helping community for developing entrepreneurship and business for last 25 years. Currently we are running multiple programs to help business startup. In these programs we have dedicated professional industry volunteer mentors to help our entrepreneur mentees. Due to ongoing high demand in mentoring support we are planning to recruit more industry professional volunteer mentors for our business programs.
Volunteer business mentors will be sharing their knowledge, experience and expertise to Youth/ Women/Immigrant Entrepreneurs to understand Canadian industry specific business environment and technicalities. The mentoring support to mentee will last for four months. Mentors need to commit spending 4 hours on mentoring activities per month. The form of communication can be online or in person.
The mentor’s primary role is to provide guidance and support of the mentee based on his/her unique business establishment and development needs. This may be achieved by engaging with the mentee as a coach/advisor, resource person, devil’s advocate, source of support and encouragement, champion/advocate and sounding board.
• Owning a business would be an asset but not a mandatory requirement
• 3-5 years of specific Canadian industry knowledge e.g. ecommerce, import/export, manufacturing, logistic, retail
• A subject matter expert in business process would be an asset
• Experience in Canadian business management and operation is mandatory
Skills and Abilities:
• Mentor with previous entrepreneur experience will be given priority
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, a second language is an asset
• Mentor with previous mentoring experience will be given priority
• Understand Canadian business startup process
• Willing to travel within greater Vancouver area
• High level ability to assist mentees to organize and prioritize startup tasks
• Willing to refer and connect to other industry professionals to help developing professional network
• Reference, recognition and certificate of volunteering will be available on demand
How To Apply:
*Please note - this opportunity is being hosted by S.U.C.C.E.S.S. outside of our traditional volunteer channel, please follow the instructions below to apply.
Email applications must include “SUCCESS Biz” in the subject line and please submit resume.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you have any question, please contact Ehtesham Azad at 236-317-4188 ext. 2103 and 2107 or 604-374-6953 or email at email@example.com or email Chelsea Nam @ Chelsea.firstname.lastname@example.org
* Resume including the cover letter should not be more than 3 pages.