Youth Programs - Summer Camp Volunteers - Coquitlam
To Apply- Please click the 'Fill in an Application' button.
We are looking for volunteers to help run our Summer Camp program in Coquitlam. Volunteers work with children aged 6-12 years old in fun and engaging activities.
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Service Centre- Henderson Location
#2058 - 1163 Pinetree Way
Coquitlam, BC V3B 8A9
Major duties include
- assisting youth workers in developing fun and engaging camp;
- working with children's' outdoors and indoors activities;
- assisting to supervise participants to create a safe environment during each activity period;
- being a positive role model for all children and youth and
- assisting the youth worker with classroom behavior management.
Time Commitment and Schedule:
Camp runs from 9am- 3pm (sometimes until 5pm if needed),
Monday to Friday (except statutory holidays) for 7 weeks (July 2rd- August 16th, 2019).
Volunteer shifts mostly full day (9am-3pm);
some half day shifts are available (9am-noon, noon-3pm).
We are asking volunteers to commit to a minimum of 2 shifts per week.
- Criminal Record Check Clearance
- Basic English Level or above
- 16 years or older
- Able to commit to a minimum of 2 shifts per week
Personal Traits/ Qualities Desired:
- Be energetic in engaging with and motivating children
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Responsible and punctual
Orientation and Training Provided:
- General orientation to S.U.C.C.E.S.S. and the position.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Gain experience working with children 6-12 years
- Develop leadership skills
- Opportunity to Practice English
- Support the work of S.U.C.C.E.S.S. in our mission to build bridges, harvest diversity and foster integration through service and advocacy
Supervision: This position reports to a Youth Worker.
Application and Screening Process:
Please click the 'Fill in an Application' button. Please indicate that you are applying for the ‘Summer Camp’ position.
Staff Contact: Maryam Bayat, Maryam.firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-468-6103 ext.1205
Selected applicants will be interviewed prior to placement and must have a criminal record check clearance prior to volunteering.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon