Current Volunteer Openings - English Conversation Group Facilitator
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is looking for English Conversation Group facilitators to help our clients improve their spoken English. This informal community program is open to International Students, Work Permit Holders, Naturalized Citizens, Refugee Claimants, and PNP nominations waiting for approval.
Volunteers will lead a group of students at the intermediate level.
Richmond Brighouse Library
7700 Minoru Gate
Time Commitment and Schedule:
Tuesdays from 10am to 12pm
The upcoming session will run from Tuesday 15 January 2019 to Tuesday 19 February 2019
We are urgently seeking support for this session, and will require support for sessions throughout the year.
- 19 years or older
Great spoken English language skills, communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of and the ability to communicate effectively and cooperatively with people from various backgrounds
- Friendly and welcoming manner
- Teaching or mentoring experience is an asset. (This program is a good stepping stone for those who would like to gain in this area)
Personal Traits/ Qualities Desired:
- Friendly, patient with good listening skills
- Passionate or interested in teaching, coaching or tutoring
- Open-mindedness to other cultures and viewpoints
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Fulfilling and rewarding opportunity to give back to your community
- Opportunity to practice your language skills
- Opportunity to meet people from diverse backgrounds and learn about other cultures
Application and Screening Process:
Please click 'fill in an application' to apply. Please indicate that you are applying for the “English Conversation Group Facilitator” position.
Selected applicants will be interviewed prior to placement and must have a criminal record check clearance prior to volunteering.
- Orientation Session Must be Complete