Active Volunteer Positions - Front Desk Assistants - S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Granville Service Center
We are recruiting volunteers to support Front Desk reception at our Vancouver- Granville Service Centre.
To apply for this position- Please click the 'Fill in an Application' button on the right-hand side of this page
Work location: #300 – 8268 Granville St. Vancouver
Front Desk support
- greeting walk-in clients and visitors
- answering phone, directing calls
- helping clients register for workshops, classes or events
- promoting programs and services
- assisting Program Assistants with administrative tasks when needed
Time Commitment and Schedule:
3 hours per week, a minimum commitment of 3 months.
Shifts occur Monday-Friday between 9am to 1pm and 1pm to 5pm.
- Intermediate Level of English or above
- Intermediate Level or above of Mandarin, Cantonese and or Arabic
- 19 years or older
- Must be willing to conduct a criminal record check
- Customer service experience (preferred)
Personal Traits/ Qualities Desired:
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Friendly and welcoming
- Patient and a good listener
Orientation and Training Provided:
- General orientation to S.U.C.C.E.S.S
- Specific orientation to the volunteer position
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Support the work of S.U.C.C.E.S.S. in our mission to build bridges, harvest diversity and foster integration through service and advocacy
- Gain customer service/ social service experience
- Opportunity to practice English
- Volunteer certificate issued after 40 hours of volunteer service
- This position will be supervised by a S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Program Assistant or a Settlement Practitioner.
Application and Screening Process:
Please apply at http://bit.do/ISIPVancouver and indicate you are applying for the ‘Front Desk & Workshop Support-Fraser Street’ position.
Selected applicants will be interviewed prior to placement and must have a criminal record check
Staff Contact: Jane Li, email@example.com; 604-408-7274 ext. 2064.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon