Current Volunteer Openings - Richmond Service Centre: Front Desk Assistant (Mandarin, Cantonese)
We are recruiting volunteers with the following language abilities to support our Front Desk reception at our Richmond Service Centres.
We are recruiting Mandarin and/or Cantonese speakers for our S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Richmond office.
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Service Centre- Caring Place
200 - 7000 Minoru Blvd.
Richmond, BC V6Y 3Z5
- greeting walk-in clients
- answering phones
- communicating to clients in their first language
- helping clients make appointments with staff and register for workshops, classes or events
- promoting programs and services
- assisting Program Assistants with administrative tasks when needed
Time Commitment and Schedule:
We ask a minimum commitment of 40 hours. Shifts occur Monday-Friday between 9am and 5pm. AM shift: 9am – 1pm, PM shift: 1 – 5pm.
- Intermediate Level of English or above
- Intermediate Level or above of Mandarin and/or Cantonese
- 19 years or older
- Must be willing to conduct a criminal record check
- Customer service experience (an asset)
Personal Traits/ Qualities Desired:
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Friendly and welcoming
Orientation and Training Provided:
- General orientation to S.U.C.C.E.S.S
- Specific orientation to the volunteer position
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Support the work of S.U.C.C.E.S.S. in our mission to build bridges, harvest diversity and foster integration through service and advocacy
- Gain customer service/ social service experience
- This position will be supervised by a S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Program Assistant.
Application and Screening Process:
External Posting: Please apply at http://bit.do/ISIPRichmond and indicate you are applying for the ‘Front Desk Assistant’ position.
Selected applicants will be interviewed prior to placement and must have a criminal record check clearance prior to volunteering.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon