Current Volunteer Openings - Front Desk Assistant (Farsi, Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese)
To Apply- Please click the 'Fill in an Application' button.
We are recruiting volunteers with the following language abilities to support our Front Desk reception at our Tri-Cities Service Centres.
We are recruiting Farsi & Korean speakers for our Henderson Location.
We are recruiting Farsi, Korean, Mandarin & Cantonese speakers for our North Road Location.
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Service Centre- North Road Location
435B North Road
Coquitlam, BC V3K 3V9
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Service Centre- Henderson Location
#2058 - 1163 Pinetree Way
Coquitlam, BC V3B 8A9
- greeting walk-in clients
- answering phones
- communicating to clients in their first language
- helping clients make appointments with staff and register for workshops, classes or events
- promoting programs and services
- assisting Program Assistants with administrative tasks when needed
Time Commitment and Schedule:
We ask a minimum commitment of 40 hours. Shifts occur Monday-Friday, afternoon shift: 1 – 5pm.
- Intermediate Level of English or above
- Intermediate Level or above of Farsi, Korean, Mandarin or Cantonese
- 19 years or older
- Must be willing to conduct a criminal record check
- Customer service experience
Personal Traits/ Qualities Desired:
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Friendly and welcoming
Orientation and Training Provided:
- General orientation to S.U.C.C.E.S.S
- Specific orientation to the volunteer position
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Support the work of S.U.C.C.E.S.S. in our mission to build bridges, harvest diversity and foster integration through service and advocacy
- Gain customer service/ social service experience
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday Afternoon
- Tuesday Afternoon
- Wednesday Afternoon
- Thursday Afternoon
- Friday Afternoon