Special Events - 2020 Bridge to SUCCESS Gala - Banquet Supervision
2020 Bridge to S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Gala
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Foundation is the charitable foundation responsible for raising funds for S.U.C.C.E.S.S. and its affiliated organizations to support the many services and programs delivered year round.
For the past 41 years, the annual Bridge to S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Gala has become a signature event in the community, attracting over 800 like-minded philanthropists, community leaders, and government officials for an evening of fine dining and entertainment, all in support of S.U.C.C.E.S.S. and the multitude of services we provide in the areas of settlement, employment, health and housing, economic development, community and social development.
The 2020 Bridge to S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Gala aims to raise $509,000 in support of essential S.U.C.C.E.S.S. programs and services with a focus on senior services this year.
Volunteers are a critical part of the event. Every year, more than 100 volunteers participate and contribute to the success of the event.
Location: The Grand Ballroom at the Westin Bayshore Hotel (1601 Bayshore Drive, Vancouver, B.C.)
Date & Time: Saturday, February 29th, 2020
Please make an effort to attend one of the following orientation sessions:
Online orientation session:
Date & Time: Wednesday, February 26 6:00PM – 7:15PM
Please register by clicking this link https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6302261417269644811
In person orientation session:
Date & Time: Thursday, February 27 6:00PM – 7:15PM
Location: Choi Hall @ SUCCESS (28 W Pender Street, Vancouver)
**Must be 19+ or older **
- Provide support for on-floor and seating area set up
- Troubleshoot last-minute seating issues
- Locate OMEGA raffle draw winner
- Spot donors and collect donation cards during "Raise a Hand" Live donation segment
- Assist with identifying donors and collecting donation cards during live auction
- Manage clean-up after the event
- Previous customer service experiences is an asset
- Cantonese and/or Mandarin language skills would be an asset
Shifts/Hours: 4:00 pm - 10:30 pm
This activity generally occurs on
- Saturday - Afternoon, Evening