Year-Round Opportunities - Social Services - Noon Meal Program Assistant
This volunteer will work closely with the Kitchen Coordinator to assist in the preparation, serving, and clean-up of the Noon Meal Program.
- Set up lunch tables.
- Prepare and serve coffee.
- Clean and prepare fruits and vegetables.
- Prepare salads, desserts, or side dishes as necessary.
- Pan off food items to be heated.
- Identify, date, and refrigerate donated items to be prepared and served at a later time.
- Serve lunch from 11:30am – 12:30pm.
- Breakdown and clean up serving area, refrigerate unused items, and wipe down tables after serving.
- Clean drawers, cupboards, re-stock products, etc. when time permits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our Noon Meal Program is open to anyone in the community in need of a free meal. Volunteers are needed Monday through Friday from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM. Weekly and/or monthly schedules are available. On-call kitchen help is needed for absences and to help with special events.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday Morning
- Tuesday Morning
- Wednesday Morning
- Thursday Morning
- Friday Morning