Emergency Disaster Service - Canteen
POSITION TITLE: Canteen Driver
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Emergency Disaster Services Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Emergency Disaster Services
The canteen driver is responsible for driving the canteen and ensuring the vehicle is operated safely. The canteen driver is responsible for ensuring that whenever the canteen is in motion, personnel, equipment and supplies are secure.
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
Must be approved Salvation Army drivers
Have a basic understanding of all mechanical systems on the canteen, including the engine, generator and cooking equipment.
Be able to operate and perform basic maintenance on these systems.
Good interpersonal skills to instruct others on how to utilize the canteen’s equipment
Be able to monitor gasoline, propane, water and other fluids on the canteen. Refilling when necessary and appropriately dispose of any waste.
HOURS AND TIMES: Ideally on call for a shift (8:00am to 5:00pm; 5:00pm to 12:00am; 12:00am to 8:00am) for seven days for one week a month.
BENEFITS: Being part of a team offering compassionate care to those in need, at the time of need, in the place of need.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
The purpose of a position description is to outline the essential functions unique to a particular job within a specific department. Position descriptions are used to recruit, train and evaluate interns.
- Background Check
- Age Category Must be at least 21 or older
- How much can you lift comfortably? Must be at least 20lbs
- How proficient are you with data entry work? Must be at least Basic
- How proficient are you with spreadsheets? Must be at least Basic
- How proficient are you with word processing software? Must be at least Basic
- If you have a driver's license, please indicate which type? Must be at least General
- Safe From Harm Training Must be at least Online Training Abuse & Policies