Voluntary Helper - Fundraising Events Volunteer
The Treloar Trust provides education,care,therapy,medical support and independence skills to young people with physical disabilities from all over the UK and overseas.
We are based in Holybourne, just outside of Alton in Hampshire.
A key component to the Trust’s overall success is achieving the fundraising objectives. Each year we need to raise £2 million to pay for specialist staff, equipment and the opportunities that enable our students to take control of their lives and dare to dream. The voluntary helper will be supported by a member of staff and will be a vital part of a fun and energetic fundraising team.
What will I be doing?
- Keeping fit and meeting your daily steps target while distributing our leaflets and/or collection boxes
- Helping out our team before and on the day of an event with various tasks such as raffles, tombola, tickets and guest management
How much time do I need to commit to?
4-7 hours per week, days and times flexible.
What skills do I require?
- Positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and have fun
- Time management and some administrative skills
What benefits can I expect?
- Meeting new people
- Excellent training opportunities for those wishing to develop their CV
- An enjoyable and fun evening
- Satisfaction and reward in knowing you are part of our students achieving their true potential
What training will be provided?
It’s important that all Treloar Voluntary Helpers have the skills to perform well in their role, to comply with policies and procedures and to interact with the students (when outlined). With this in mind Voluntary Helpers attend a comprehensive induction programme and will be supported throughout their volunteering experience.
Students (aged 16 and over) undertaking their Duke of Edinburgh Award would be welcome to apply.
Please click on the SIGN UP button to contact us for further details.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Afternoon, Evening
The Treloar Trust provides education, care, therapy, medical support and independence training to young people with physical disabilities from all over the UK and overseas. Our aim is to prepare these young people for adult life, giving them the confidence and skills to achieve their full potential.
Our long-term goal is to create a world where physically disabled young people learn to take control of their lives and dare to dream.