Voluntary Helper - Activities Voluntary Helper
The Treloar Trust provides education,care,therapy,medical support and independence skills to young people with physical disabilities from all over the UK and overseas.
We are based in Holybourne, just outside of Alton in Hampshire.
At Treloars, after classes finish other activities and learning takes place in a residential setting. Students can plan meals to cook with their friends, take part in sport, arts and craft, play board games or video games or just take time to socialise and chat about their day. Voluntary Helpers are needed to support students in all these tasks under the guidance of members of staff. Let us know your talents and interests and we may be able to incorporate them into the activities!
What will I be doing?
Spending time with students in any of the following activities:
- Playing video games (Wii, PS3, Sing Star, etc.)
- Supporting a monthly karaoke or quiz night
- Reading books to students or listening to students read
- Playing board games (Snakes & Ladders, Connect 4 or Chess)
- Playing or supporting sports
- Baking or cooking
- Playing bingo
- Arts and crafts
- Many, many other activities!
How much time do I need to commit to?
This is a flexible role, most activities take place 4.15pm onwards. We do require a commitment of one academic term. Please let us know your availability and we can find a role to suit.
What skills do I require?
- Strong interpersonal skills and patience
- Sensitivity and empathy towards the individual needs of the student
- Ability to support students improve their independence
- Positive attitude
- The willingness to have fun!
What benefits can I expect?
- Meeting new people
- Excellent training opportunities for those wishing to develop their CV
- An enjoyable and fun evening
- Satisfaction and reward in knowing you are part of our students achieving their true potential
What training will be provided?
It’s important that all Treloar Voluntary Helpers have the skills to perform well in their role, to comply with policies and procedures and to interact with the students (when outlined). With this in mind Voluntary Helpers attend a comprehensive induction programme and will be supported throughout their volunteering experience.
Please click on the SIGN UP button to contact us for further details.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Afternoon, Evening