Voluntary Helper - Classrooms Voluntary Helper
Treloar’s is a groundbreaking organisation providing first class education, therapy and care for young people with physical disabilities. Our students are aged between 2 and 24. Our long-term goal is to create a world where physically disabled young people learn to take control of their lives and dare to dream. We are based in Holybourne, just outside of Alton in Hampshire.
Our School and College classrooms are enjoyable, vibrant and unique environments. Students benefit from our excellent teaching and support staff; however, Voluntary Helpers provide our students with additional support and interaction with members of the community. Voluntary Helpers will support students in a variety of classroom activities and will be supported in their duties by a teacher and other members of staff. Let us know your interests and expertise and we will place in you an appropriate classroom setting.
What will I be doing?
Supporting students in a variety of classrooms activities:
- Reading / Writing
- Supporting students with their computer skills
- Life skills learning (i.e. cooking)
- Story Telling
- A variety of unique activities (art, sport, creative, etc.)
How much time do I need to commit to?
Voluntary Helpers should commit to one morning or afternoon a week. A commitment of one academic term is required.
What skills do I require?
1. Strong interpersonal skills and patience
2. Sensitivity and empathy towards the individual needs of the student
3. Ability to support students improve their independence
4. Positive attitude
5. The willingness to learn and have fun!
What benefits can I expect?
- Meeting new people
- Excellent training opportunities for those wishing to develop their CV
- Opportunity to use your skills in a unique and stimulating environment
- An enjoyable day
- Satisfaction and reward from knowing you are helping our students achieve their true potentials
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
The Treloar Trust provides education, care, therapy, medical support and independence training to young people with physical disabilities from all over the UK and overseas. Our aim is to prepare these young people for adult life, giving them the confidence and skills to achieve their full potential.
Our long-term goal is to create a world where physically disabled young people learn to take control of their lives and dare to dream.