Branch Secretary/Programme Manager
Local Branches and groups are run across the UK by volunteers, many of whom have direct or indirect experience of Parkinson’s. They are aided by professional staff, and provide friendship, practical support and information to those living with Parkinson’s, their families and carers.
The Guildford Branch is an active and friendly Branch with around 500 members. Thanks in part to a generous legacy, the Branch has developed an extensive programme of activities and events, for the benefit of its members. This includes a range of physical therapies, support for carers, social events and distribution of information via expert talks and a regular newsletter.
The Branch Committee is now keen to take stock of its programme, evaluate the costs and benefits, identify any gaps, and plan for the future. This is an exciting time for a new committee member to act as Secretary/Programme Manager and to work closely with the Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer and other committee members, specifically to:
- Capture data relating to current Branch activities and events such as take-up rates, costs to members and to the Branch;
- Analyse costs and benefits;
- Identify any gaps in the programme and develop plans for the future by:
- communicating with members and others;
- networking with other local Branches engaged in similar programmes, to exchange ideas;
- with the help of Parkinson’s UK staff, tracking local and national initiatives and communicating them to committee and branch members;presenting proposals to the committee for discussion and agreement.
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Monday, June 01, 2020||10:30 AM||12:30 PM|
|Wednesday, July 01, 2020||10:30 AM||12:30 PM|