Helpline volunteer for substance misuse and mental wellbeing
Surrey Drug & Alcohol Care is a registered charity which has been set up as a result of a need in the county of Surrey for a confidential Freephone help line for substance misusers and those with mild to moderate mental health problems, their families, friends and colleagues, aiming to make a difference to their lives. Trained volunteers respond to the distress caused by substance misuse or mental health on a high quality help line that is accessible, Monday to Friday from 9am to 7pm, emphasising empowerment and self-help.
- To provide information about county and countrywide resources and support to persons and organisations helping people experiencing the effects of substance misuse.
- To promote mental health well being county-wide.
- To promote, liaise and exchange information with relevant agencies both within the Surrey area and outside.
- To raise public awareness of the continuing impact of substance misuse.
- To advance the education of the harmful effects of drugs and alcohol amongst those young students in full time education in Surrey and professional groups.
- Website: www.surreydrugandalcoholcare.org.co.uk
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account