Daffodil Campaign - Castlegar - 2019 Pin Distribution Volunteer - Castlegar
Are you looking for opportunities to make a positive impact in your community? Help the Canadian Cancer Society's Daffodil Campaign in the fight against cancer.
Funds raised through the sale of pins during the Daffodil Campaign will lead crucial cancer prevention initiatives, fund lifesaving research, and deliver trusted information and compassionate support to people living with cancer and their caregivers. April is the month to fight back!
Pin Distribution Volunteers work with the Pin Distribution Leader in their community to assemble, distribute, service, collect and track boxes of daffodil pins in retail locations close to their home, work or school.
Pin Distribution Volunteers are also encouraged to identify and approach businesses in their personal network that would be willing to host pin boxes in their office/store.
- Meet new people and have fun!
- Enhance project management, communication, and organizational skills
- Join a team of enthusiastic and interesting people
- Truly make a difference in the lives of people living with cancer by helping to raise funds and build community awareness for cancer research, cancer prevention, and the Canadian Cancer Society support programs and services
- Play an integral role in supporting the mission, vision, and values of the Society.
Training & Support
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation and Volunteer Handbook
- Campaign-specific training provided by the regional team
- Ongoing support provided by the Pin Distribution Leader
Skills & Qualifications
- Reliable and dependable
- Flexible and eager to get involved
- Driver's license and access to a vehicle
1 x distribute pins /boxes to retailers in late march/early April - weekly in April for donation pick up and pin refl.
Pin Distribution Volunteer - Daffodil Campaign - Castlegar