Lodges / Maisons d'hébergement - Lodge Activity Volunteer - Vancouver Island Lodge - Victoria
Please be advised that until further notice CCS requires that volunteers within this role will be required to be double vaccinated as per our Covid-19 Vaccinations Policy.
For more information on the CCS Covid-19 Vaccinations Policy please visit www.cancer.ca
Lodge Activity Volunteer
WHY WE NEED YOU
Canadian Cancer Society Lodges provide a supportive environment for people with cancer and their adult companions. Programing at the Lodge is made available for the enjoyment of clients (and/or their adult caregivers) who wish to participate. Activities may include book clubs, special activity nights (bingo, movie, etc.), walking companions, crafts or other activities approved by the Lodge Manager. Through a variety of activities, we hope to foster a sense of home, companionship, and relaxation.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As an activity volunteer at the Lodge, you have an important role in ensuring that recreational opportunities are available for clients during a stressful period in their lives. Your role helps to create a home away from home for the clients and their families. You have a positive impact on the quality and enhancement of life for people affected by cancer.
- Organize, lead activities such as group crafts or Bingo.
- Promote a social and caring atmosphere in the lodge through the organizing of activities.
- Offer a safe and enjoyable activity as negotiated with the Lodge Manager.
- Promote lodge & Canadian Cancer Society activities, & support services
- Work in collaboration with other volunteers to support the Lodge clients.
- Follow all Canadian Cancer Society Policies under the direction of the Lodge Manager.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
An individual with:
- Skills and qualifications suitable for activity.
- Friendly and outgoing.
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of people
- Good communication skills
It’s more than just an experience. It will be life changing. Our investment in you is realized through:
- Playing an integral role in the fight against cancer.
- Become confident in your understanding of cancer and the cancer cause along with the impact the Society has.
- Joining a team of enthusiastic and interesting people who share your passion for supporting people effected by cancer
- Volunteering for a respected National organization and increase knowledge of cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment & support services
- Opportunity to further develop communication skills
- CCS Volunteer Orientation and Lodge and Role specific training
- Ongoing updates and Support from Staff Partner in Volunteer Engagement
- We are looking for a volunteer for 1 to 2 evenings each week, days and times to be determined with the Lodge Manager.
- Due to nature of the role, we ask that you commit for a minimum of 4 to 6 months.
We welcome people of all backgrounds, abilities, and interests. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age or older for this position due to the scope of the role and responsibilities.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account