BC - Vancouver and Greater Vancouver - Cops for Cancer Committee Member - Tour de Coast
BE a part of something BIG and here’s why…
THE CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY
BE a part of a collective of people united by a singular focus where no Canadian fears cancer. BE bold by committing your time to driving positive change alongside families, friends, healthcare teams, donors, scientists, advocates and all those who strive to make the cancer journey one that is supported in every way.
We believe that life is bigger than cancer. We believe your support is stronger than cancer. If you do too, read more…
Cops for Cancer is an exciting annual event that takes place each fall. Over a hundred law enforcement and emergency services personnel, from across the country, brave all types of weather as they cycle for up to two weeks to raise funds for life-saving research and caring support programs for pediatric cancer. To date, Cops for Cancer has raised an astonishing $47.8 million dollars coast to coast.
WHY WE NEED YOU
At CCS, fundraising volunteers are vital because the vast majority of our organizational funding comes from donations by everyday Canadians through fundraising activities and events.
Cops for Cancer mobilizes communities, businesses, first responders and individuals throughout British Columbia. This campaign deploys 5-12 day cycling events that visit schools, businesses and communities. Tours run annually in September and engage thousands of individuals across the province while leveraging media to raise awareness. Cops for Cancer truly has become the lifeblood of small communities across British Columbia where donors, honourary families, schools and businesses rally together to support this incredible event!
We are currently seeking Leadership Volunteers to serve on our Steering Committee in key locations across the Province of BC.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Liaising with a CCS staff partner and other members of the Steering Committee
- Acting as an ambassador for Cops for Cancer and the Canadian Cancer Society
- Helping to make high-level decisions about the deployment and activation strategies for tours
- Attending Steering Committee meetings
- Committee specific work like sponsorship, logistics, support crew, etc.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
An individual with:
- Previous people management experience or willingness to gain people management experience through this role
- Connections within the business community
- Experience in fundraising, sales, and/or campaign execution
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- An ability to work as a team player
- Demonstrated personal initiative and ability to follow through and complete tasks
It’s more than just an experience. It will be life changing. Our investment in you is realized through:
- Integration, where you are part of a team and learn about the work of CCS
- Ongoing opportunities to connect in different ways across a national organization operating in communities across Canada
- Mentorship and coaching both by you and for you
- Direct connection to our mission, vision and values because we are who we say we are and with you that is possible
- January to November
- Approximately 10 hours per month
- Weekend and evening work can be expected
- On tour support and engagement in September