NS - Halifax - Front Desk Volunteer - The Lodge That Gives
Please be advised that until further notice CCS requires that volunteers within this role will be required to be double vaccinated as per our Covid-19 Vaccinations Policy.
For more information on the CCS Covid-19 Vaccinations Policy please visit www.cancer.ca
Canadian Cancer Society Lodges provide a supportive environment for people with cancer and their adult companions. The Lodges are located near cancer treatment centres.
As a volunteer at the Lodge, you have an essential role in creating a home away from home for the clients and their families. You have a positive impact on the quality and enhancement of life for people affected by cancer. You assist and support lodge guests and staff through a variety of activities involving reception, tours and other front desk duties.
- Promotes a social and caring atmosphere in the lodge, focusing attention and time on lodge guests
- Greets & provides tours for (potential) lodge guests and visitors.
- Answers lodge phone, transfers calls, takes & relays messagesDdata entry for wig room
- Provides directions to treatment centres, public transportation, shopping etc.
- Assists with craft sales, including displaying crafts and recording sales
- Promotes lodge & Canadian Cancer Society activities, & support services
- Other duties as assigned and under the direction of the lodge staff
- Play an integral role in the fight against cancer.
- Become confident in your understanding of cancer and the cancer cause along with the impact the Society has.
- Joining a team of enthusiastic and interesting people who share your passion for supporting people effected by cancer
- Volunteering for a respected National organization and increase knowledge of cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment & support services
TRAINING AND SUPPORT
- CCS Volunteer Orientation
- Support Program Orientation
- Lodge and Role specific training
- Ongoing updates and Support from Staff Partner in Volunteer Engagement
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Friendly and outgoing. Comfortable working with a wide variety of people
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Good communication skills with clear voice and polite telephone manner;
- Patient and outgoing.
- Monday afternoon
- 4 hour shifts
- minimum commitment 6 months
We welcome people of all backgrounds, abilities and interests. Volunteers must be at least 19 years of age for this position due to the scope of the role and responsibilities, your contributions can make a true difference every day.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account