BC - Vancouver and Greater Vancouver - Sponsorship Lead - Tour de Coast
BE a part of something BIG and here’s why…
THE CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY
BE a part of a collective of people united by a singular focus where no Canadian fears cancer. BE bold by committing your time to driving positive change alongside families, friends, healthcare teams, donors, scientists, advocates and all those who strive to make the cancer journey one that is supported in every way.
We believe that life is bigger than cancer. We believe your support is stronger than cancer. If you do too, read more…
Sponsorship Lead is responsible for securing new sponsors for the Tour and renewing previous sponsors, in collaboration with CCS staff.
WHY WE NEED YOU
Childhood cancer is the number one cause of disease-related death in Canadian children under the age of 15 years, and 2 out of 3 childhood cancer survivors suffer long-term side effects from their treatment. The Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) is taking action against childhood cancer by funding high-quality pediatric cancer research and providing information and support to those families living with pediatric cancer. The Canadian Cancer Society is the largest national charitable funder of childhood cancer research in Canada and this year, we are funding $3.22 million into pediatric cancer research across the country. Thanks to research advancements, over 84% of children diagnosed with cancer will survive five years or more beyond diagnosis. But one child with cancer is too many and there is still more work to be done. Help us help the kids.
Cops for Cancer is an exciting annual event that takes place each fall, when over a hundred law enforcement and emergency services personnel from across the country brave all types of weather as they cycle up to two weeks to raise funds for life-saving research and caring support programs for pediatric cancer. To date, Cops for Cancer has raised an astonishing $47.8 million dollars coast to coast.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Liaising with a CCS staff partner
- Acts as an ambassador for the Canadian Cancer Society and all of our stakeholders;
- Sponsor prospecting/solicitation, renewal, stewardship
- Sponsorship clearance (with Steering Committee and CCS)
- To establish and manage a sub-committee if required to divide up the identified responsibilities;
- Responsible for the identification of new donors, sponsors and supporters;
- Responsible for the deployment of donation asks;
- Attend committee meetings.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
An individual with:
- Influential individual with strong community relationships
- Previous people management experience or willingness to gain people management experience through this role
- Connections within the business community
- Experience in fundraising, sales, and/or campaign execution
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- An ability to work as a team player
- Demonstrated personal initiative and ability to follow through and complete tasks
It’s more than just an experience. It will be life changing. Our investment in you is realized through:
- Integration where you are part of a team and learn about the work of CCS
- Ongoing opportunities to connect in different ways across a national organization operating in communities across Canada
- Mentorship and coaching both by you and for you
- Direct connection to our mission, vision and values because we are who we say we are and with you that is possible
- January to November
- Approximately 10 hours per month
- Weekend and evening work can be expected
- Potential on Tour support and engagement in September
Applicants must be a minimum age of 19 years old to apply for this position.