Southern Interior Rotary Lodge - Wig & Breast Prosthesis Room Attendant
Overall Purpose: to coordinate the activities of the unit wig room as part of a team or independently.
- Provide personalized styling consultations, including follow-up resources as needed
- Coordinate cleaning, styling and organizing of Wig room supplies and displays
- Receive and acknowledge donations; hair/wigs, material, hats, jewelry etc.
- Work in partnership with Lodge volunteers to coordinate procedures and appointment bookings
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about CCS resources and support programs
Link to Mission:
- Provides practical support to people living with cancer and contributes to their positive self-image
Staff Partner(s): Lodge Staff and Manager
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience providing direct, one-on-one service and support
- Comfortable with aesthetic trends and application
- Models self-care and feels confident in providing self-care tips
- A good listener and able to empathize without providing personal or medical advice
- Professional, discreet and non-judgmental
- Experience with hair care products and services, an asset
- Well organized and able to keep accurate records
Resources & Training Available:
- CCS Orientation and Core training
- Individual coaching & support
- CCS Website and promotional materials
- Lodge volunteers and Lodge Staff
- Playing an integral role in the support of the mission, vision and values of the CCS.
- Sharing and building expertise in aesthetics, health and beauty self-care
- Joining a team of enthusiastic and interesting people who share a passion for building self-esteem and self-care awareness for people living with cancer.
3 hours per week (approximately); 1 year minimum term
Location: Southern Interior Rotary Lodge - Kelowna