Relay For Life - Event Day Volunteer - Relay For Life - Surrey
Relay For Life is your chance to help create a world where no one fears cancer. When you, your family, friends, and colleagues come together with Canadians in communities across the country for this powerful event, you not only help save more lives through ground-breaking cancer research but also support those living with cancer today.
Event Day Volunteers are Relay For Life champions, who help bring the festival-like atmosphere to life by assisting in various areas of the event, such as:
- Set-up and take down
- Activities and entertainment
- Food and beverage
- Team stewardship
- Luminary sales
- Health and wellness
- Wherever help is needed the most!
- Be an integral part of the Canadian Cancer Society Relay For Life
- Build and apply your event support experience in a community context
- Meet new people, cultivate community relationships, and have fun!
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- On-site training and support based on event day role by lead volunteers and/or staff partners
- Optional Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation (click here to view upcoming sessions)
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Friendly, energetic, and eager to get involved
- Reliable and responsible, as event success highly depends on your attendance
- Good communication skills, able to take initiative and be self-directed
- Set up and take down volunteers: able to lift moderate weight (i.e. 20 lbs) strongly recommended
- One or two 4-hour shifts during the 12-hour span of the event on Saturday, June 17, 2017
- Location: Bill Reid Amphitheatre (click here to view on Google Map)
Event Day Volunteer – Relay For Life – Surrey