Southern Interior Rotary Lodge - Administrative Volunteer
Canadian Cancer Society Lodges provide a supportive environment for people with cancer and their adult companions. The Lodges are located near cancer treatment centres in Vancouver, Kelowna, Victoria and Prince George. In this role you will assist with administrative duties in the Lodge including processing invoices, filing and recording keeping, ordering office supplies, ordering Ensure supplies, processing payments from returning guests.
As an Administrative volunteer at the Lodge you will support the staff in administrative duties that ensure the efficient and professional running of an office.
- Promotes a social and caring atmosphere in the lodge, focusing attention and time on lodge guests.
- Promotes lodge & Canadian Cancer Society activities, & support services
- Work in collaboration with other volunteers to support the Lodge clients.
- Key responsibilities will be outlined by your staff partner.
- Opportunity to further develop administrative skills.
- Play an integral role in the fight against cancer.
- Become confident in your understanding of cancer and the cancer cause along with the impact the Society has.
- Joining a team of enthusiastic and interesting people who share your passion for supporting people effected by cancer.
- Volunteering for a respected National organization and increase knowledge of cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment & support services.
TRAINING AND SUPPORT
- CCS Volunteer Orientation
- Support Program Orientation
- Lodge and Role specific training
- Ongoing updates and Support from Staff Partner in Volunteer Engagement
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Administrative experience and ability to learn and follow procedures based on training provided.
- Basic computer skills.
LENGHT OF TIME
Minimum of 6 months